The month of September Mallorca is filled with tractors and pruning shears, vine leaves and aromas of fermented oar, in about two months we will be able to taste the first wines of the land, and enjoy the new wine festival in Santa Maria or the festivities of vermar at the end of September a Binissalem
During the Vermar festivities in Binissalem , good vermar noodles are essential, with their touch of coent which can sometimes be dangerous for those of us who are not from the village! I remember drinking everything on the table with the first spoonful!
The main ingredient, apart from the noodles, is the meat of chutney, usually chutneys that are more mature and with the tastiest meat.
And, without wanting to offend any Binissalamer, we made this recipe for 6 people with:
- A boneless and diced leg of lamb
- A glass of white wine (we recommend that if the children eat it, do not put it)
- A large onion
- A jar of ramallet coenta tomatoes
- A handful of tender beans
- Two garlics
- A cherry pepper
- Oil from Son Moragues
- Pepper curtain cap
- (This is the time to choose spices, and each house has a world, like with raw rice, some put fresh herbs like moraduix or rosemary, some put cloves, cinnamon or similar…)
- Noodles (The best for others, are those from “Benedinat” nº4) 500gr
- A good greaser from Portol .
We put the frying pan on the fire and add a good splash of oil, add the beef and salt, when it is well browned, add the onion and garlic, and stir. The onion should become transparent, and it will be time to add the tomatoes and the wine if you can consume it.
After a few minutes when the wine is cooked, we will add the broth made from the bones of the scallion thigh and let it boil for about 15/20 minutes to make all the flavors intensify and make our noodles tastier.
And now it’s time to add the curtain rod and cherry pepper so we don’t run the risk of them burning. We can also add the beans, after a few minutes and when the pan boils, it will be time to add the noodles and let them cook for about 8 minutes or as long as you like to get the pasta to your liking.
The most traditional way of serving is in a clay dish, accompanied by a local wine.
Good profit and good vermad!